Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Forgive me, but I feel the need to brag

Last Saturday Joe calls me on the phone and asks what my plans are for the night. I tell him that I don't really have any and he asks if I want to go to a Bees game. I say okay and then he hits me with the big news. He couldn't contain it any longer and blurts out, "I'm working the Bees game!" Now this is big news. Joe has been dreaming of umpiring a triple A game for such a long time. He began umpiring to make extra money and fell in love with it. He is so good at it and has moved up the ranks at an incredible pace. Many umpires will NEVER get the chance to umpire at this level. We of course had to get tickets that night and we watched him much more then we watched the game. He was awesome and says that the experience was "Incredible". He is still on cloud nine about the whole thing. Here are some pictures!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Congrats to Joe.

Bridget said...

How exciting! That's so cool! How many kids can say that their Dad reffs for REAL baseball games? Cool.

m@R(! said...

wow!! way to go Joe...that is awesome!

Jen said...

Jess, this is Jen Mertlich. I found your blog by following some old wardies! I am so excited for Joe! That is awesome! My dad and my little guy were actually at that game! How funny! Your family is so cute! Hope you guys are doing well!