Thursday, December 11, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Just for your information DO NOT go the the Old Navy there. I went there two seperate times today (long story) and the first time I stood in line for 15 minutes waiting to pay. There was ONE person in front of me trying to make an exchange and only ONE person working the registers. The second time I went in they had two people working the registers and I stood in line for 20 minutes while the person in front of me applied for an Old Navy card. I pride myself on my patience. It's one of my best quailities and even I was getting upset! Not to mention that it's really difficult for a 3 year old and an 18 month old to stand still in line for that long. I'm also mad at the GapKids there. I could barely fit the stroller through the store. I was bumping into displays, racks, and tables of clothes the whole time. It was ridiculous! A children's store should be aware that people with children will probably be coming in. Whew! I feel much better getting that off my chest. I think that I'll try shopping online from now on. :)
Monday, November 10, 2008
See her blog by clicking here:
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Here is where I would insert a picture, but I can't find the cord for our camera...maybe I will add it later.
Then we spent the rest of the day with Joe's Mom and Step-Dad. We had lunch at Olive Garden and then Joe got to pick out his next gift, a new coat. I hope that he had a good day! How could you not when you start it off with pancakes and bottled water!? In honor of the big 2-8 I am posting some random yet wonderful things you may/or may not have know about Joe. I love you millions hon!!
1. Joe has a great singing voice. I love being serenaded on car rides!
2. Joe is supersittious when it comes to sports. He wears his khaki shorts to every football game despite the fact that it is freezing cold outside! Which brings me to number 3.
3. Having Joe around is like having your own portable heater. He is always warm! Having him next to you in bed on cold winter nights is heavenly!
4. Joe promised me when we got married that he would make me laugh everyday. He has been true to his word. He's hillarious.
5. Joe is almost always the one that does the laundry. Love it! (this may be because I'm terrible at getting it done)
6. Joe likes to make up words in the kids' storybooks. I'm sure they are better that way. Den'ja and Maeson love it! Sometimes I will be reading a story and Maeson will say, "That's not how Joe reads it!" Ooops
7. Joe has perfect (or beyond perfect) vision. I truly hope that all our children inherit this from him.
8. Sometimes on his way home from work Joe will stop and get me a nice big Diet Coke! Somehow this always seems to happen on days that I am especially stressed out and it really hits the spot.
9. Joe didn't mind one bit when I wanted to have my cousins little girl come to our home and he loves her and treats her just like he would his own little girl
10. Joe was able to finally get me in the habit of saying my nightly prayers. Before we met I was horrible at it, but since we've been married we haven't missed a night!
11. Joe is a big kid. He skips in the parking lot with Maeson, jumps over puddles with Den'ja, and you can totally find them in any store because they are so loud! :)
12. Even though we are busy and don't have a lot of time, Joe always finds a way for us to spend some time with each other.
13. He is a fantastic Dad! You will never see Den'ja more excited as when his daddy comes home from work. It's my favorite part of the day too!
14. Joe rocks at making up silly songs. We do this in our house daily, and we're both pretty good, but Joe is the best!
Aren't I a lucky girl?
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Den'ja and Parker
Sorry it's blurry, I was making a dive to catch Parker before he tipped over.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
We see grandma in person at least once a week, but since getting mail is so fun she decided to send it this way. Den'ja loves his "pumpins" and we hear "vroom, vroom, vroom" wherever he goes! Thanks Mom!
Friday, October 3, 2008
7 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. Have at least 3 more children
2. Learn to play the piano
3. Write a children's book
4. Visit every continent (Except for Antarctica...that just doesn't really interest me)
5. Convince myself that I actually enjoying running
6. Take Joe to every Major League ballpark in America
7. Enjoy every moment with my children
7 things I do now
2. Drink Diet Coke
3. Laugh (Living with these two guys is sure entertaining)
4. Read the Princess and the Pea or more like recite it, since I have it memorized. It is Maesons current favorite.
5. Change diapers.
6. Think about how blessed I am
7. Love my Husband
7 things I can't do
1. Paint my own fingernails. My right hand always ends up looking awful.
2. Hold a snake. Ewww!
3. Sleep through the night
4. Go an entire 24 hours without sweeping my kitchen floor.
5. Watch TV on Saturdays. For some reason our television won't show anything, but college football. Strange huh?
6. Win a game of Clue against Joe. He is very sneaky!
7. Sleep without my favorite blankie
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. Makes me laugh
4. Smells Good
5. Good with children
6. Hard Worker
7. Is Sweet (I am a hopeless romantic)
7 celebrities that I like
I chose to omit this one. I don't know any celebrities well enough to know if I would like them or not, but Matthew McConaughey is sure nice to look at.
7 favorite foods
1. Anything with peanut butter
2. Costa Vida chicken tacos
3. Crab Legs
4. Joe's famous "Salmon Spectacular"
5. Oreo Milkshakes
6. Tuna Fish sandwhiches
I don't know who has done this tag already and who hasn't. So if it's a slow blog day and you're looking for something to do feel free to do it!
Friday, September 26, 2008
The people that lived in our house before we bought it really loved yard ornaments. They left a ton of them and since I'm not a big yard ornament person I let Maeson use them to decorate the swingset (aka her house). When Den'ja saw poor Mr. Terra Cotta Turtle and Miss Plastic Ladybug he thought that they would enjoy a little fun on the slide. I think he had more fun pushing them down then he did pushing himself down!
It's really too bad that I practically die when I am outside for more than oh, 2 minutes! This awful allergy season had better be over soon! It was worth the runny nose, itchy eyes, and sneezes though buddy!!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Don't mind my squinty eye. We're lucky if we get one eye open with me. Two is simply too much to ask.
When I asked her why she was putting her shoes on that shelf she said that she didn't want Den'ja to get them. I had to laugh. Den'ja loves shoes. He is especially concerned with the poor shoes that aren't being worn. We seriously can't leave our shoes out or else he follows us around with them until we put them on. I found it hillarious that she was worried that while she was gone Den'ja would be hauling her shoes around. After she was gone I put them back where they belong. And yes Den'ja has already drug them out of her room. Shhhh! Don't tell.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
My sister practicing her "Kim Kardashian Pose" (Yep she has a tissue up her nose, I'm so dead)
We've also had a couple of fun trips up the the Bear Lake condo, and visited Hogle Zoo.
Den'ja helping Kyle get the cooler ready for the trip to the lake.
Joe began his first year of teaching. He has three different classes so it is a lot of work preparing three different lesson plans each night. The football team is hangin in there and they are 1-1 so far. Joe is really liking working with the boys and I think he is teaching them a lot. He is such a great coach and teacher for them.
Den'ja couldn't be more thrilled that football has started. He loves to watch them throw that ball around. Anytime we are near a football game we have to make sure we take Den'ja his own football, otherwise he is trying to steal someone elses. He just watches, grins, and yells "football, football, yaaaayyyyyy! "
Friday, I was up in Cache Valley to help with the Charity Golf Tournament. Every August my Dad's company does a golf tourney benefiting Special Olympics. It's a lot of fun for everyone and Friday was such a beautiful day! We were able to raise a record $11,000 this year which is fabulous. USU has one of the largest special olympic teams with around 80 athletes and we are so excited that we are able to help. As I drove home through Sardine Canyon I noticed that the trees are already starting to change colors. Fall is my favorite time of year so I am excited! I hope that you all have had a great summer as well!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Maeson "tasting" the water
If you know our family at all, you know that we love our bees games. Our favorite day to take in a game, other than opening day, is when the Famous San Diego Chicken comes to town. This guy is hillarious and he happened to be here this weekend. He performs various pranks on the field and is quite entertaining. Maeson calls him "my chicken" and loves him from far away, but is scared to pieces when he gets close. If you've ever thought about attending a game, but thought you might be bored. You should really give it try. I thought the same thing, but the people watching is fabulous, the hot dogs are great, and I've always thought that guys looked good in baseball uniforms. Seriously though, Joe has turned me into a baseball fan.
The Famous Chicken
Den'ja and Daddy
All of us
And just to make your day I'm including a future blackmail picture. Den'ja thought that he would try on one of Maeson tiaras. I couldn't resist.