Thursday, December 11, 2008

What not to wear

There's nothing like packing for a vacation to make you realize you have no clothes. This happens everytime I go somewhere. I'm sure you know what I am talking about. You fly through the vast sea of shirts pausing to consider some and completely ignoring others. You almost speak to the shirts as you push them to the side, "no, no, mmm....maybe" etc. As you near the end of the row you realize that you've only chosen 2 shirts when you need at least 7. So reluctantly you start over again and are forced to pack some that aren't quite right, but will just have to do. I honestly have a closet full of clothes so why is it that I have such a dislike for most of them? I'm considering starting a neighborhood shirt program. I picture a giant closet full of shirts that you can "check out" and then return when you are done and of course it is eligible for some kind of government grant that allows us to purchase new shirts twice a month. I suppose while I'm at it we might as well add shoes too. Yeah...I think I'll get right on that.

5 comments:

Johnsens said...

I feel your pain. I can't tell you how many little trips we have been on in China and my closet is already pretty limited.

PS. Cute family picture in your blog header!

m@R(! said...

pretty much the best idea EVER, i would LOVE to share clothes and get 2 new a month! I need clothes NOW!

me and him said...

would i have to pay a membership fee, ya know, like a library card or something. cause i will!

Zilles Fam said...

Your blog is SO CUTE!! I love it! Where are you going on vacation?

The Nelsons said...

HI JESS! it is so good to hear from you. It is so nice to see that you are doing so well. Your family is adorable. I also feel like i never have any clothes. Bummer!