Sunday, June 8, 2008

Home Improvements

For those of you who didn't know, Joe has accepted a job teaching and coaching football in the thriving metropolis known as Morgan, Utah. Although it is a small town we are excited that we get to raise our son in such a good community. We managed to find a great house with tons of space and enough property for us to be happy with. There was a large additon done to the house in 2004 that provides me with my wish list (a huge jetted tub and walk in closet, yay!), but the downside is that the rest of the house was built in the early 70's and you can so tell! I kid you not, when you walk in the front door there is carpet on the walls. I have never seen this before and would be okay if I never did again. The bathroom tub and sink are a lovely shade of yellow, the kitchen sink is avacodo green, and one of the bedrooms is half carpet, half linoleum with paneled walls. As terrible as this sounds I am actually quite excited! I am such an HGTV DesignStar wannabe and I have a vision. We spent all day Friday up there painting and I am always amazed at how big of a change a $25.00 can of paint can make. There is still a lot to be done before we move in, but by the time we are finished you won't even recognize it. I am including some pictures so that you can see I'm serious. Just remember that these are the "befores" and that there will be "afters".

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Morgan is a pretty place. Good luck with the home improvement projects! I can't wait to see the "after" pictures.

me and him said...

wow, i'm getting excited for you! i LOVE Hgtv so much. i'm so excited to see your 'afters'. i gotta tell ya, those kitchen cabinents are somethin'! good luck!!

Bridget said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting! Wow, that house definitely has some groovy character, but it's really clean. Can't wait to see what you do with it! (BTW, super jealous of the whole small town dream you're living).

m@R(! said...

i didn't know you guys moved...what is wrong with me. I am excited to see the after...your house in logan was so cute, so i am pretty sure this one will be too.