Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh, how I love the magic eraser....

I am always unsure of what to do when I return from Sam's Club/the grocery store and have to bring all of our purchases into the house with Den'ja. Especially since he is a little clingy lately and doesn't like me to leave his sight. Usually I just hope and pray that he will fall asleep on the way home and I will be able to unload the car as he snoozes away. I have even been known to drive around town for a few minutes if I can tell he is close to falling asleep. When we pulled into the driveway today after our shopping trip he was still bright eyed and fully awake. Shoot! So I brought him into the house and distracted him with some toys. I then snuck out to at least bring in the frozen and cold items. I am completely unsure of how he was able to do this so fast. I am just sure that he was formulating his plan the whole way home. When I came back into the house I found Den'ja on the kitchen floor with three different crayons just scribbling away. The worst part is that I have to take the blame for this one. I am the one that left the box of crayons within reach and I am the one that has been encouraging him to be artistic lately. (I just love his little scribbles) After confiscating the crayons I attempted to clean the floor with a wet rag. It wasn't working. I then tried scraping the wax with my fingernails. Still wasn't working. So then I whipped out the good old Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Tah Dah! Good as new. So today I must give my thanks for it's cleaning abilities and make a mental note to ALWAYS put the crayons away.

5 comments:

Megan Maughan said...

you and me both! Landon has colored on many things in our house, the floor, the wall, the couch, the kitchen table...yep just about everything you could imagine. But I've had good luck getting it off of any surface. The couch was a little challenging but eventually it came off =) I've had to start putting the crayons on the fridge...Landon is tall enough to get them out of the kitchen drawer now!

m@R(! said...

I also LOVE it!! it gets everything out...if only it didn't scrub off colored paint on the walls. :(

Stephanie said...

I love the Magic Eraser. I have a feeling that my Marissa is going to make me use the Magic Eraser a lot. She's into everything!

Zilles Fam said...

I didn't know I was the only one concocting plans of how to get the groceries in and the kids asleep or not into things! I've found that Taylor loves carrying things ... one at a time - to keep his hands occupied!

Andrea said...

Love the magic eraser also, just be careful when using it on walls, it can take off your paint!! When I unload the grocheries I just give Halle the keys and she pretends to unlock the house and car doors, hey I say whatever works!