Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Honey!

Yesterday was my honey's Birthday! He is officially 28 years old now. He started the day with some amazing gifts!! His football boys came over for films and brought him a fabulous cake. A PANcake that is!! Haha. Not to be outdone (those competitive boys) another player brought him a bottle of water. What sweethearts! They are seriously good boys and they crack me up! My gift was a bag of his favorite treat: Nibs licorice. Now I know you're thinking, Geez Joe you really got ripped off! So I have to tell you that he recieved his "real" present from me about a week ago when we went to the Jason Mraz concert!! Yay! We love Mraz, but Joe especially! It was a fantastic concert (despite the weirdos we sat by...wait..were SURROUNDED by) He puts on a great show and his voice is absolutely flawless. I swear when he does his recordings he must be able to have it all done in one take!

Here is where I would insert a picture, but I can't find the cord for our camera...maybe I will add it later.

Then we spent the rest of the day with Joe's Mom and Step-Dad. We had lunch at Olive Garden and then Joe got to pick out his next gift, a new coat. I hope that he had a good day! How could you not when you start it off with pancakes and bottled water!? In honor of the big 2-8 I am posting some random yet wonderful things you may/or may not have know about Joe. I love you millions hon!!

1. Joe has a great singing voice. I love being serenaded on car rides!
2. Joe is supersittious when it comes to sports. He wears his khaki shorts to every football game despite the fact that it is freezing cold outside! Which brings me to number 3.
3. Having Joe around is like having your own portable heater. He is always warm! Having him next to you in bed on cold winter nights is heavenly!
4. Joe promised me when we got married that he would make me laugh everyday. He has been true to his word. He's hillarious.
5. Joe is almost always the one that does the laundry. Love it! (this may be because I'm terrible at getting it done)
6. Joe likes to make up words in the kids' storybooks. I'm sure they are better that way. Den'ja and Maeson love it! Sometimes I will be reading a story and Maeson will say, "That's not how Joe reads it!" Ooops
7. Joe has perfect (or beyond perfect) vision. I truly hope that all our children inherit this from him.
8. Sometimes on his way home from work Joe will stop and get me a nice big Diet Coke! Somehow this always seems to happen on days that I am especially stressed out and it really hits the spot.
9. Joe didn't mind one bit when I wanted to have my cousins little girl come to our home and he loves her and treats her just like he would his own little girl
10. Joe was able to finally get me in the habit of saying my nightly prayers. Before we met I was horrible at it, but since we've been married we haven't missed a night!
11. Joe is a big kid. He skips in the parking lot with Maeson, jumps over puddles with Den'ja, and you can totally find them in any store because they are so loud! :)
12. Even though we are busy and don't have a lot of time, Joe always finds a way for us to spend some time with each other.
13. He is a fantastic Dad! You will never see Den'ja more excited as when his daddy comes home from work. It's my favorite part of the day too!
14. Joe rocks at making up silly songs. We do this in our house daily, and we're both pretty good, but Joe is the best!

Aren't I a lucky girl?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, tell Joe Happy Birthday from us!! P.S. You little guy is sooo adorable!!!

Sara said...

You have such a darling BLOG! I need to meet the cute girl who stole my favorite Joe Sissions heart. I loved reading all the wonderful things that you said. Joe is a great, great guy - I agree! And YOU sound so amazing as well- he is SO lucky to have you!!!! Your little boy is to die for - what a doll!