Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Den'ja!!

Today is Den'ja's first birthday. I was flooded with emotions today as I thought about what we were doing one year ago. Since our stubborn son was alrieady eight days late I was going to be induced. Joe called up to the hospital at 6 AM on the dot (the earliest we were allowed to call). He was so anxious and excited. It was adorable. I layed in bed, terrified. It's funny as I think about it now. I really had nothing at all to be afraid of. Even though I spent hours pushing and ended up needing a c-section none of it was as bad as I had imagined. It's funny how we can work ourselves up to fear things we don't really understand. Today I was first sad. I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. It's like I blinked and my baby is not a baby anymore. I'm certain that the next years of his life will go by just as quickly and I suppose I am mourning that a little. Then I was proud. Den'ja impresses me each day with the things he learns and does. It's amazing that such a little body can bring such joy and love into our lives. I could talk about him for hours and wouldn't run out of things to brag about. Lastly, I was overjoyed. Sometimes when I sit and watch Den'ja and his daddy playing, laughing, and having fun I have a silly grin spread across my face. I think of how I am so lucky. This is what I've been waiting for my whole life. Motherhood is undescribable. I could try to explain it, but would never do it justice. My heart soars to think of what a wonderful opportunity I am allowed. I guess I'll just say that being a mom rocks and I would highly reccomend it!



We are celebrating Den'ja's birthday after Sunday dinner so check back for an insanely cute cake on the face pic. I won't dissapoint!

2 comments:

Denise and Nathan said...

Your blog is adorable, Jessica! I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I use my blog as my journal and it works great!

m@R(! said...

holy cow, he is already one!!! didn't it seem like you just told me you were pregnant. Did he get his own cake??