Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm not tired


After Gymnastics

Me: Maeson, why don't you go lay down and rest
Maeson: I'm not tired, I want to color

5 minutes later
Den'ja: Mama, Maeson is sleeping




When the kids learned about the letter "I" in preschool, teacher Heidi showed them some instruments and said something along the lines of, "I just made these with stuff I had at my house, you could make some when you get home" and of course they remembered this. We grabbed some paper plates, poured some macaroni in them and stapled it up. Then the kids decorated their instruments. They had lots of fun and played with them for lots longer then I thought they would. It's the little things.


3 comments:

Megan Maughan said...

It is the little things that keep them busy for the longest time. Landon has been watching The Polar Express, and we HAD to make a ticket out of a recipe card, yellow crayon, and black marker. And that silly little recipe card ticket kept Landon busy ALL DAY. It's so funny, that especially at this time of year we all stress about what to get the kids for Christmas, when in reality they usually have more fun playing with the boxes and paper the toys came in than they do the actual toys!

m@R(! said...

i love the macaroni idea! you have inspired me. i love the picture of Maeson sleeping. hahaha

Bridget said...

Hi Jes! So..... it seeems you have some new news??? ;) How are you feeling? I hope all is well. *hugs*