Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm not laughing.....okay maybe I am

Last week Joe and I were screening a magic-mind trick show from the UK to see if it was "clean" enough to show to his psychology class. We had it recorded and had been fast-forwarding through most of the commercials until we got a little distracted and actually found ourselves watching one of the commercials.

I saw it. I laughed. I begged that he rewind it and let me watch it again. Twice.

It was a boy band. Not just any boy band. They are called JLS and it was like N'Sync and The Backstreet Boys adopted 4 British orphans and raised them in a secluded house with no contact from the outside world. They sang. They danced. They used hand gestures to convey every word that came out of their mouth.

Later that night I just could not help myself and searched for them on youtube. Between my fits of laughter I learned that they are fans of foundation, spray on tans, baby oil, and pulling their shirts down to show off their unimpressive, although smooth (and well oiled), pecks.

I made the mistake of having my facebook up in another tab while I was watching their music videos and the second I set my laptop down Joe grabbed it, found their page on facebook, and clicked the "become a fan" button. Yes people I am now a fan of JLS on facebook.

The next day I hopped in the car to run Maeson to gymnastics and to my surprise, instead of hearing Jason Mraz come out of my speakers I heard something quite different. My husband had downloaded the whole JLS album, burned it to a cd, and cued it up to play when I started the car.

So....if you have ever sat around and thought to yourself, "Man! Sometimes I just really miss the late 90's" go get yourself some of this on youtube.

1 comment:

Chelsie Sanders said...

HaHa that is so funny! I'm so glad you put that on there!!!