Thursday, January 14, 2010

Perspective

It seems that each time I find the need to complain about something our Heavenly Father gently reminds me of how truly lucky I am, and today I am thankful for that.

Many times in life it seems that I am looking for the "Now" button. Why can't I have what I want right this second? Am I unworthy? Have I done something wrong? It is often difficult to for me to understand. So lately I have really been pondering the virtue of patience. I am by nature a very patient person. I always have been. I remember as a child not being able to understand arguments and anger. I was always the peacemaker of the family, and still am. I can handle crying babies, tantrum throwing toddlers, people driving slow in the fast lane, and the dentist office running a half an hour late. I am able to put my faith in the Lord that things will happen the way they are supposed to, but I am ashamed to admit that I lack the patience to wait for it. Whether it is having another child, finding the perfect job, or finding that person we want to spend the rest of our lives with we must have patience. Timing is not up to us, it is up to Him. I am challenging myself to stay firm in the truth that our prayers our heard, even when they are not instantly answered. We are heard and we are loved and he knows what is best for us.

I am so glad that I have what I have and am so thankful for gentle reminders.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree, sometimes it is good to get gentle reminders to help our perspective, but they can still be hard to deal with. Hope everything is going okay for your guys. Let me know if you need anything.

Megan Maughan said...

Great post Jess! Just what I need to read! I look up to you for being so patient and so optimistic all the time!

The Jensen Family said...

You are probably the most patient person I know. Good post I needed to read that. I really wish you still lived in the valley . . I need a friend:)

Denise said...

That is true. Amen. Patience is a difficult one sometimes when we don't understand the "why" of everything. You have a good outlook, Jess!